View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
i'll do that next week. Do you have any tip to me ? I mean, about the replacement process... How much time that glue needs to completelly dry ?
Any tip will be pretty much welcome.
Thank you very much.

EDIT: Just found a good thread about that: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86597
Quick reply...
Ideally, the flex cable should arrive with its own glue-adhesive on the back, so you don't need to glue it on - the adhesive just works instantly as you put new flex cable into the place (don't leave any old glue from the old flex cable, though; I imagine that the adhesive of the new flex cable needs clean, not-dusty, not-oily, not-wet surface for the best results).
The original, Nokia's, adhesive was white in my device, and the new flex cable had transparent adhesive.
The main problem I experienced when assembling the device, after gluing the flex cable:
do not forget to put the small part (highlighted by red oval in the picture) of slider mechanism _under_ the keypad-keyboard, or it will cause much grief for you.
Best wishes.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: