View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Then you are out of luck, I'm afraid. In its factory configuration, Maemo only exports the MyDocs partition (where your music, pictures, videos and documents are).

You can use the Nokia Suite, if you can find an old version (3.8.54, if I remember correctly; do not, I repeat not use any of the newer Microsoft stuff, it is aimed at newer devices and does not work with the N900), but that will only go as far as backing up your applications and contacts, not a full ROM image backup.

BackupMenu really is your best option. It can create a proper full backup (hence the name). But it requires installing something on the device.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! No I don't need backup of files, but rather extract the firmware if possible... I am afraid if I try to install something on this device, it will brick... Also, I guess RescueOS is similar to backup menu, so it requires installation to the device?

I am not sure, but are there perhaps more generic tools for Linux OS extraction that might also work?