View Single Post
Originally Posted by Jimjag View Post
I plan on writing up a letter introducing myself and my reasons for accepting the appointment, which were based 100% on helping the community and the foundation and in reply to a post on another mailing list which asked for help.
Great. Which mailing list?

Next time you respond to a thread, it would be useful and more powerful to your argument if you did research and obtained "facts".
Love the implication that I didn't. Invalid.

I am a developer, a hacker, and have been hacking FOSS for decades. Whatever "organizational" or "political" roles I may have, are due to my activities as a coder.
Not interested in a pissing contest about your resume. Being a programmer does not make you unique or even naturally qualified to operate an NFP. The fact that you don't point to your work on other foundations, but instead some vaguery about unrelated skills, does not engender confidence or validate the tone you've taken. The Hildon Foundation needs people who understand the issues that the maemo community faces.

As far as caring nothing about HiFo, I at least agreed to help, which seems more than many other people did, based on the fact that the directors felt the need to go outside the community to seek help and guidance.
Not "directors." One "director." One unelected "director." Nobody can figure out why he does what he does, which is a huge part of the problem. The fact that SD69 thought that some pseudorandom dude on some mailing list was a good plan shows more about his failure as a director than it does about your motives. Your passive-aggressive jab about your assumptions regarding nobody else 'stepping up,' when we've been demanding an election for a while now, doesn't sound promising. I look forward to a first-hand account of why you assume that your presence on the board is the great boon you seem to assume it will be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stenny For This Useful Post: