View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
For me personally, there's no diminution of maemo.org.
I get that. But your words and tone here have left many thinking you're looking to move in a different direction. I know that wasn't your intent, but it was in fact how people interpreted it. I'm not saying this to accuse, but to inform.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I do think about the future as well, and would love to see for example an updated OSS for modern devices having the same form factor as N8x0/N900.
I agree that a long term goal includes the eventual need to reach out and expand the community to new options as the community shifts toward them (much like tablettalk did before becoming TMO). Doing some of that preemptively, like the conversation we had with Jolla or adding a subforum for something new isn't a bad idea. But we should not do so instead of (or at the expense of) the tasks that are needed in the present.

Right now we have existing issues that we must resolve. We have incomplete business with Nokia and others, and need to resolve those items quickly.

Looking forward is great, but if we do so at the cost of losing the existing community in the present, then it's all for not. Just as it's wrong to focus myopically on the distant past, it's also wrong to focus only on the far future. We need to consider both of them, and the present, in order to survive both short and long term.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: