View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by explit View Post
There seems to be a problem with the cbeta SailfishOS Version 3.0.3.x

Can we do something here ?

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish Downloads]$ harbour-pure-maps 
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
[D] unknown:0 - Got library name:  "/usr/lib/qt5/qml/io/thp/pyotherside/libpyothersideplugin.so"
[D] onCompleted:355 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[D] unknown:0 - Geoclue client path: "/org/freedesktop/Geoclue/Master/client4"
[W] unknown:0 - QMetaMethod::invoke: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'QGeoPositionInfo'
[W] unknown:0 - [ INFO ]  "{QSGRenderThread}[General]: GPU Identifier: Adreno (TM) 508"
sailfish-qml: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/qt5/qml/MapboxMap/libqmlmapboxglplugin.so: undefined symbol: ubidi_open
Thanks
Thanks for heads up. I have already earlier received a warning regarding this problem. We discussed it with @piggz on sailfishos-porters (http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23sa...04-09.log.html) and he told that this error was due to upgrade of ICU. Official response is at https://together.jolla.com/question/...comment-203676 , cannot see it myself.

So far, no good solution for apps broken by ICU upgrade is not known. I expect that OSM Scout Server will be broken as well (Mapnik is using ICU directly, if I remember correctly).

I am considering to make OBS builds for 303 when its out and switch to 303 builds at OpenRepos when official devices and main ports will switch to it. Note that OBS target for 303 may arrive after 303 SFOS is released. Usually, targets used by ports are also released a bit later. So, for official device users, there will be a gap - assuming that they update to 303 - where Pure Maps and other ICU-dependent applications will not work.

On your side, you could notify Jolla of this issue and ask them to find a way to resolve it better. As far as I understood, the tradeoff is ICU size (if multiple versions are installed) VS breaking apps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: