View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Jimjag View Post
I plan on writing up a letter introducing myself and my reasons for accepting the appointment, which were based 100% on helping the community and the foundation and in reply to a post on another mailing list which asked for help.

However, before I do (since I want to spend some time on the letter, since it may be my only opportunity to do so), I wanted to respond to this "FOSS politician" crack.

Next time you respond to a thread, it would be useful and more powerful to your argument if you did research and obtained "facts". I am a developer, a hacker, and have been hacking FOSS for decades. Whatever "organizational" or "political" roles I may have, are due to my activities as a coder. As far as caring nothing about HiFo, I at least agreed to help, which seems more than many other people did, based on the fact that the directors felt the need to go outside the community to seek help and guidance.
Bravo, nice first post. Next time you respond to a thread try to be less arrogant. It is your duty to represent yourself to the community which asks perfectly valid questions. Whether you like the tone of some of the posts is irrelevant, as (IIRC) there was nothing personal against you. Of course that's in case the fact you are unknown for the most of the community doesn't insult you.

Despite that you may find the above arrogant too, I would like to give you my warm welcome aboard. I'd rather take all this "drama" as a miscommunication, not as bad intentions. Time will tell.

P.S.
BTW I am developer with more than 20 years of coding experience too.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2013-03-10 at 16:38.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: