View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Fellfrosch - looking good! Now we would need it in SVG (I presume that is what is used for drawing) and start testing in the app grid. I suspect that the white of the marker should be made bit grayish since otherwise it maybe too much contrast against black background of the app drawer. But that we can see while testing.

In addition to the app icon, we will need its version in black and white, as in https://github.com/otsaloma/whogo-ma...cons/cover.svg . This is used as a background of the cover while the app is minimized. Again, would be great to use it to distinguish from WhoGo Maps.

As for name, let's stick then with "Pure Maps", repo will be pure-maps. Pure Maps was a clear favorite, when I looked through all the posts in this thread this morning. As for use of spaces, this is the same notation as Osmo was using earlier and, as far as I remember, he preferred having words separate, when possible.

The fork actually has one advantage from the support POV. I will at least avoid confusion 'Why there are no new features in my WhoGo Maps?' when people will install it from Osmo's repo. Also, it will avoid mixing configs, app name, and such.

Now, indeed, our community is small and, taking into account number of applications coming into it, I think all will realize the "new" app and can adjust to it. As for having so many apps as one-man-project, that's a sad reality. Let's just hope that Osmo will be back and we can merge the continuation later.

Last edited by rinigus; 2018-08-22 at 08:27.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: