View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Why not just have the board make a new wallet and post the receive QR code?

I really hate the concept of storing crypto in an institutional wallet where they can abuse it in all ways that holding a real crypto wallet is immune from. It is the difference between holding cash or gold in a sketchy uninsured vault owned by some rando guy with a generally bad reputation who is always hounded by a corrupt asset seizing government vs your own hidden vault or buried treasure chest. I suppose the concern is anyone with the spend keys could empty the wallet vs a organizational bank account with two signers.

I am sure there is any number of cool zero-trust ways to set up a split key layer cryptographic sum interface so any two or three fractional key holders from the collected Maemo officers could combine to send a 'spend' command to the blockchain for the main wallet. If not there has to be any number of maths PhD candidates who would love to hack that challenge for a published paper and it would be quite useful to any number of organizations who wish to dump banks.(yes there are various problems with each crypto currency as well as volatility vs fiat currency).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: