View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
Hope maemo leste will rise soon to be fully operational and compatible with all devices. Why mobian is not a daily driver!! Is the calling function woking or not woking?
It(Pinephone 3/32gb running Mobian) works well enough for receiving and sending calls as well as SMSs.
Maybe I am wrong but it seems I will have to edit files to make contacts though maybe I can import vcards from the N900.
One major problem though is media playback, I think I can drain the 3150mA/h battery in 70-100min watching video on desktop VLC as the phosh media player is very limited in formats it will play.
Pretty much the app situation is very sparse and installing desktop apps is difficult as they dont ever format correctly with the minimum pixel count they are expecting. Things might get better when my pine-keyboard clamshell arrives but the touch interface is not great for desktop apps.
Really though beyond that I just want a battery effecient way to play audio-books, I need that perhaps more than a music player for long commutes; my other big thing, bluetooth PAN tethering should be easy to script because hooray! Linux!
But I realize that I already really miss Maemo vs the experimental and now enforced daily-driver use of Phosh.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: