View Single Post
Originally Posted by Jimjag View Post
I plan on writing up a letter introducing myself and my reasons for accepting the appointment, which were based 100% on helping the community and the foundation and in reply to a post on another mailing list which asked for help.

However, before I do (since I want to spend some time on the letter, since it may be my only opportunity to do so), I wanted to respond to this "FOSS politician" crack.

Next time you respond to a thread, it would be useful and more powerful to your argument if you did research and obtained "facts". I am a developer, a hacker, and have been hacking FOSS for decades. Whatever "organizational" or "political" roles I may have, are due to my activities as a coder. As far as caring nothing about HiFo, I at least agreed to help, which seems more than many other people did, based on the fact that the directors felt the need to go outside the community to seek help and guidance.
welcome Jim!

thank you for coming forward and considering giving some of your time for Maemo.org.
as you already noticed the exchanges around here get very quickly (over-)heated and arguments get thrown around which are not always fair or even truthful.
i hope that you won't mind being a candidate for election to the next Hildon Foundation Board of Directors rather then "invited" into the (barely) existing one.
considering your record of OSS contributions i believe you would be a gain for our community but i'm still wondering what leads you our way?
  • pure Saint Bernard soul, rescuing a community that seems to lose itself in an administrative and technical blizzard?
  • the challenge of a platform you (probably) never heard of before?
  • ???

feel free to answer in your letter.

with best regards,
mr.c.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post: