View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
That only works for packages installed on YOUR N900 and it's usefulness is kind of limited if run on compiled binary programs instead of scripts.
I was more generally speaking, like searching the whole extras repo.
Of course, they're different directions of investigation, with somewhat different end results. But scripting an automated search of every extras package's source would not be a one-liner anyone can immediately run on their own (though admittedly also simple enough), and running it would cost hefty usage of bandwidth for both the person running it and the Maemo infra. I figured my suggestion could be used by users interested in starting the search of their own packages (since that concerns them more). Obviously for binary files they'd have to then dig up the source to investigate further.

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
And I surely wouldn't do this on a six years old single core arm connected to a slow emmc or even slower µSD card guarded by a misbehaving watchdog.
I would've, but then again, I have several N900s so I can afford to launch this on one and let it sit around. Then again, I was running a recursive grep on the /usr folder last night for something while doing something with `setxkbmap -v 10` in another terminal, and that N900 rudely shut down on me without warning when I ran one of those commands, so that may well have been the watchdog flipping out. So, good point.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: