View Single Post
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. My only complaint really after all this time about the N900 is the screen. I would love to get one with the gorilla glass. Or a screen protector that doesn't suck. Mine unfortunately has a few nasty scratches on it.

I love the N900. Wish there were another phone out there that was close. I want another Maemo phone or even a MeeGo phone. Lousy Elop....

slaapliedje
I'm in a similar frame of mind. It's cheap enough to get a replacement screen for the N900 (although fiddly to fit). What I'd really really like is a N900 tablet (akin to what Smoku was hoping to produce with Cordia). Had an interesting play with my Android tablet running VNC connecting to the N900 vncserver and I'm 100% confident that it is terrific form factor to run on. Infact the ideal scenario for me is a double-din touchscreen device in the car that with the N900 / maemo interface.

Ach. One can dream. Just a shame all those companies producing cheaper tablets are not confirming to GPL ; otherwise we'd be drowing in kit to port to.