View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I don't have video out on the Proš either, although the hardware should be there (through USB-C). I heard that elros34 managed to have video output on a SFOS port on the Photon Q, so there is hope and it may already work for some devices, but don't know who has the motivation and skills to work on that on the Proš.

sailfish_ubu_chroot with xfce4 does not rotate either; or it does, but it will just fill the top part of the screen and will be cropped on the right due to non-matching ratios. This is a non-issue on the Proš though, since I only use Ubu chroot with the keyboard open (I almost never have to touch the screen with it, I mapped everything I need to custom keybindings). However I remember seeing a post by n950 here in this thread that showed chroot and a desktop environment in portrait mode. I don't remember which device he was using or how he did it, but I believe n950 is still an active user here. [Edit] Or maybe that was Jakibaki?

Performance on the Proš is nice, but I don't know how it would be on older devices. I remember Easydebian was a bit too slow on the N900, and I haven't really tried chrooting with devices whose performance was somewhere between the N900 and the Proš. I did on my Jolla C and I think it was acceptable, but I barely used it due to the lack of hardware keyboard, so can't really say.
On Xperia X and XA2 Plus.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=243

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post: