View Single Post
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
dead? afaik it is NOT dead and still resolves to a valid address. On the other hand, I seem to remember N900 had problems with supl.google.com after the certificate problem was fixed for supl.nokia.com ... anyway, stopped using supl.google after supl.nokia started working again
Ok, not dead, but I'm not sure about the functionality of supl.nokia. Just tested, with cellular data fix takes about a minute, like with no gsm at all. After switching to supl.google got fix in few second in slightly different position.

as for the quick fixes on yours ... likely the result of ACWP and other variables (ephemeris data?). Take that N900 a long distance away, and not have a working SIM card ... and you'll probably be waiting for a fix for a long time too
If I got fix when staying in one spot, then I can turn off the gsm and will have it fixed, even traveling 100km (Checked few days ago) with proper directions and so.

supl.nokia.com still gives me near-instant fixes. i am on CSSU-T however, although I believe the certificate fix was incorporated in Stable as well
I'm on CSSU Stable, there is no problems with supl.google.com on this platform

I'm not sure how it is all working, but it seems that slightly different configuration works differently on many devices. For now(and for me at least), if everything is fine with hardware there is only few if non problems at all

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post: