View Single Post
I plan on writing up a letter introducing myself and my reasons for accepting the appointment, which were based 100% on helping the community and the foundation and in reply to a post on another mailing list which asked for help.

However, before I do (since I want to spend some time on the letter, since it may be my only opportunity to do so), I wanted to respond to this "FOSS politician" crack.

Next time you respond to a thread, it would be useful and more powerful to your argument if you did research and obtained "facts". I am a developer, a hacker, and have been hacking FOSS for decades. Whatever "organizational" or "political" roles I may have, are due to my activities as a coder. As far as caring nothing about HiFo, I at least agreed to help, which seems more than many other people did, based on the fact that the directors felt the need to go outside the community to seek help and guidance.

Originally Posted by stenny View Post
Your sock puppet has two more days, then you're going to have to hold an election anyway. If you had a shred of self-respect, or any respect for the maemo community, there would be a Hildon Foundation election whether or not your designated FOSS politician accepts a spot overseeing a Foundation he cares nothing about.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Jimjag For This Useful Post: