View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
First, before announcing my vote I'd like to appreciate all the nice entries to this months contest.

#1.saponga - N900
The handrail makes really nice lead-in to the picture. rest of the image is a bit cluttered and unrestful, but nice shot of a sunny day anyway.

#2.pichlo - Jolla
All in all to small, I cannot make out details which is shame as landscapes should be about detail. Clouds are nice, adding a bit of windy feeling to the landscape.

#3.jellyroll - Nexus 5
This one is also too small, cannot make out detail. Very symmetrical image which would benefit from more detail.

#4.catbus - N9
A bit dark, moody but hopeful. The bottom catchlight of the sun nuder the branch is a wonderful detail. Very well and evenly captured for a difficult shot where you have deep shadows and sun in the same range.

#5.chenliangchen - BB Priv
Very restful evening capture. There's a lot of detail but a bit blurred. Black mountains against bright sky make a nice backdrop for the city. The towers on both edges seem to be leaning a bit inward.

#6.juiceme - Jolla
What can I say? as uncorrected image it is pretty horrible; Whitebalance is all shot to blue and detail is blurred. (it seems the lens coating on my camera is damaged)

#7.robthebold - N9 using Camera+
Very still, nice reflections. The do-not-skate detail adds humour nicely. Lots of detail and nice even coloured areas, only sky has burned a bit too much.

#8.mosen - N8
Good leading in the picture left-right. Bridge is nice altough the red supports should maybe be more prominent.

#9.briest - N9
Foggy background is nice for the long house. A bit dark in overall, would benefit from some catchlight.

#10.hrbani - N9
Very good idea, the busy birds are intresting. The transparent one in midflight is very good catch. Would benefit hugely from better background.

#11.pasko - N9
Too small image, cannot make out detail. The black-and-white winter forest is well captured, except for the bit too distracting lower right corner.

#12. paolo_3_1415926 - Nexus 5
Very nice light, altough shadows are a bit too deep. The beach line and boar make nice detail.

#13.rm250j - Iphone 6
Again too small image, cannot make out any detail. Very well balanced image that could be very good in larger size.

#14.ste-phan - 808 PW
Way too small image. The lighting is excellent and colours come out striking. mass-balancing is really good and the picture pushes out of the backbround really well. Oh how I only wish this was larger!

And finally my candidate; My vote goes to the last picture, #14
(but it is only because it is so good, this is absolutely last time I want to EVER see so many too small images, huh?)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: