Thread: PR 1.3 bugs
View Single Post
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Starting a general thread for all those pesky bugs introduced by PR 1.3.

Hardware Keyboard (Polish/Poland mapping).

After double pressing FN key (pointing up blue arrow ) the inputing of blue marked characters mode is turned on. When in this mode a key is pressed for a longer period of time, the white marked character appears.

Before PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the dot would appear, when pressing the comma "," key the comma would appear.

PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the colon ":" appears, when pressing the comma "," key the semi-colon ";" appears.

This really makes entering numbers and ip addresses a problem.
To get the desired behavior, edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 (as root, so be careful!), look for your national keymap (in my case xkb_symbols "de") and change the line
Code:
key <LEFT>        { [     period,         comma,          comma,          comma           ] };
into
Code:
key <LEFT>  { [     period,         period,         comma,          comma   ]};
Then do
Code:
setxkbmap de
(or for Polish: ... pl), and see whether you are happy with the new keyboard mapping. Don't reboot before you have checked that everything is all right, and also, if you make backups of the rx-51 file, put them in your home directory, not in the same directory where the system file is!

EDIT: just looked up the Polish entries in rx-51 and found that they don't have period and comma where the German keyboard has them, so my instructions are good for the German, Portuguese/Spanish, Swiss, Italian, Czech, and Nordic versions only. For a general how-to see the wiki on keyboard remapping!

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-10-28 at 11:45.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post: