View Single Post
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Those firmware files allow you to flash a fresh* install onto your device, it's all you need really.
Aside from hardware failures (especially the USB port, about which search the forum/wiki), this device is unbrickable if you have the flasher and the firmware.

The wiki** has a great guide here (and it even mentions Windows 7 so your other issue might be answered there).

For backing up existing installs the excellent BackupMenu will let you create images of your RootFS onto your MyDocs partition or SD Card.

*Ideally you'll want to start work of a fresh install to be certain there's nothing malicious on there from a previous owner.

**n900 users are so fortunate to have such a comprehensive wiki and this forum has nearly every question you could ask about it answered 5 times over .
I highly recommend you read through the beginner and power user topics on the wiki
Hi! Thanks for the links. From what I checked however, I am not sure there is what I need inside there. I will check a bit more of course, but I need any pc tool that can extract firmware just by connecting the device, without installing/flashing etc anything to the device. Eg, like thor2 tool with command line can boot a windowsphone into mass storage mode and then we can use win32imager or any similar tool to dump full eMMC as img file which can be flashed back to the device to recover it. There is no need to do anything to the device in that case.