View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
These glib errors are not really helpful, but I would guess it is some plugin or other library which are used by fcamera, which produces this error. I would say it is not fcamera or the driver itself. So recompiling these packages could help and would be the next step. Could you list the packages which you have in mind?

To get a clue and track down what cause this error you need to debug the application with gdb.

To get a break at the glib critical error use gdb like described here.

You need to install gdb on the device and propably the related debug packages of the packages which are used/linked by fcamera.

The journey continues, don't give up.

Yeah... googling the errors did not help, so that is why I thought that it is maybe a solution to compile other packages - not to mention that you suggested and hoped that if I'm lucky maybe I would not have to... Apparently I do have to... So thanks again for your suggestions and links, I shall try... Giving up on tweaking n900...? Never...

I was thinking about these packages btw. (fcamera depends on these, and these packages are depending on libc6 and/or libglib2.0): Libjpeg62 6b-9osso6+0m5, Libpulse0 0.9.15-1maemo27+0m5, Libqt4-core 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5, Libqt4-gui 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5, Libstdc++6 4.6.1-maemo6.

Update 20190122:// Now that I investigate it more I do not find source packages for those...

Last edited by justmemory; 2019-01-22 at 13:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: