View Single Post
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Aug 2017 @ Spain
Hello everybody!

I recently became interested in the old Palm system: Palm OS, and its PDAs. I wanted to know what this system looked like visually and what would be the best device to test it (and the one that I liked the most). This search through all devices with the latest Palm OS public OS led me to one result: Palm Centro, which seemed like a combination of PDAs of the time and a smart mobile phone.

It was a small device, compact, compared to typical PDAs ... and very nice, really beautiful on the outside (and I hope also on the inside).

I thought I would find a Palm Centro for sale easily, but I didn't. The ads I found for the Palm Centro I found were extremely expensive, in very poor condition, or without shipping to my country. Hope was almost lost.

I remembered The Forum, which is really The Family: TMO. So I posted a thread in the buying and selling section asking if anyone had one of these phones.

Our partner @deutch1976 helped me by sending me some eBay listing links, but they had the drawbacks I mentioned earlier. I had already given up hope of finding a Palm Centro.

I looked for a second best option: Palm Treo 680. I thought it would be easier to find a good one, but it was not like that either.

When I posted my message in response to @deutch1976 I realized that there was a message from another colleague on this forum.

This message from @robthebold could not bring better news: his wife has a beautiful Palm Centro in elegant black.

A box of dreams:

The good news did not end here. This Palm Centro was GSM, compatible with the networks of my country. In addition, it had its box and accessories.

Well, I was very lucky this time, but there was a last detail that I did not expect. Phones surprise us, but it is no longer common for people to do so. And that's what happened. Colleague @robthebold was kind and generous not to charge me anything for this wonderful machine from the past, just the shipping costs.

And here I am, very grateful to find a new illusion in the form of a trip to the past and excited to belong to this family.

Last edited by Kalatti; 2021-03-18 at 14:17.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post: