View Single Post
Brings back memories ... I loved PalmOS. I had 3 Centros over the course of a couple of years, and tried a couple of Treos, but preferred the Centro. I dropped it when WebOS came out, which I thought was excellent, (I still have 2 Veers and 2 Pre2s). I can't imagine getting back into PalmOS at this point, but I'll tell you one of my favorite things to play with was the JVM. I don't know if there's still a way to get it, but there was a series of prc files packaged as "PalmOS IBM JVM" or something like that, and if you installed them, you could run mobile java (jar) apps on your Centro. I remember using a Sprint Centro on Boost mobile, (not officially supported by Boost, but you could get them to do it), and installing the JVM, then installing Opera Mini browser, and somehow getting free internet, as long as I was connected to the cell network. Couldn't download, but could load web pages withoit any data charge... It got more interesting on WebOS, when the Classic app came out, and then you could run java apps on PalmOS on WebOS...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: