View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Well, only the prototypes. This article points out that there are still significant hardware problems: https://liliputing.com/2019/12/drago...-computer.html .

Sadly, I think the Pyra and neo900 show that one or two guys working in their spare time just can't make a handheld computer in the current environment. Even if the hardware issues get ironed out and the Pyra actually ships production units, how big a community is apt to form around a device with an old 32 bit CPU first released in 2012? I know the Pyra CPU is theoretically upgradable, but I doubt any upgrade boards will ever appear. I wish small projects like these could succeed - I pre-ordered both the neo900 and the Pyra - but they mostly haven't.
This concerns me more about how the market is currently being accessed by these people that think that such an item would sell in huge amounts a generation (or two or three) later.

With that said, still not surprised about the outcome of this project.

Unfortunately it just drives home the fact that the want for an alternative devices needs to catch on within a company that has the means and resources as well as the vision. These small projects are great, drives some items forward, but fail all too often.

I know, stating the obvious...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: