View Single Post
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I agree that it is probable that some people (everyday Joes) prefer their computers to run and work without tinkering with configuration files, to install paid and polished applications instead of free and beta/alpha ones....
That has nothing to do with one another really. A truly open platform can have a user friendly framework on top of it to cater to non technical users and an appstore to create an app marketplace too while giving free access to its underlying frameworks for those who need that.

But I don't consider it to be a good thing, and I hope that everybody, even everyday Joe, wants to own his device fully and tinker with it,
I don't get this. What if your car mechanic\oven repairmen\plumber tells you to start liking his craft, which you have no interest whatsoever toward?

rather than lease it from Nokia and conform to all its rules and limitations until a next device comes out to replace the old one.
Heh, that's the same old song. Unless there's a better solution than DRM, then that's what the e-commerce crowd will have to make do with for the time being. The idealists may bicker all day long and give out 1001 "what ifs...", but as long as there's no better DRM implementation, then that's what's going to be used by 'the industry'. (And the 'underground scene' will go on too).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-11-24 at 11:24.