Thread: Fairphone
View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Undoubtedly.

Fair trade is becoming a marketing term quickly.

IMO owning a Fairphone out of ethical principles means you'd want hold on to it as long as you can.

So Fairphone users, gather at together.jolla.com ,demand commitment by a fair(er) OS maker to support your hardware patform.

More choice in software options means wider support, less user boredom and prolonged device life cycle.

Currently amongst others, the "old" Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE will be recycled by Sailfish OS. I think Fairphone might want to be in that list.

Current vacuum of more or less essential applications for Sailfish due to developers having no central way to get paid for their efforts could be filled by other developers' software supporting the fair principle.

10 essential free fairapps for Fairphone supporters using Sailfish (later optionally payable for other Sailfish users) Just a silly marketing idea?
Yeah, Jolla could work some more on their fairness and the awesomeness will come to them.

My hope is that others like sail ,ubuntu, tizen looking more into the issues about fairness in the future, all thx to fairphone. Also that customers cares about the environmental implications of the industry.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-06-14 at 12:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: