View Single Post
Scripts were inspired by Preflex work. Besides mention about it in README now I have changed license from BSD to GPL because that was probably initial license of Preflex's scripts and added him as a author to sources. Sorry for not doing it earlier.

Also I renamed it from ubuntu to linux and refactored scripts so other distros can be used. I was hoping to swich to debian because ubuntu use snaps for chromium now and that doesn't work in chroot but so far apps in debian 11 crash both with mesa and with libhybris. So for now only new distro is sailfish rootfs (kind of sdk). It can be used to compile and build packages without breaking device (libhybris -> mesa transition).

@woidboy
There is no ready to use script to do this but quick test with matchbox I did allow me to start chromium in portrait. It could be also done without matchbox: with --window-size= arg for chromium and that browser addon but in my test that didn't work in all cases. Don't expect too much. All is very hacky.
Code:
./chroot.sh
WAYLAND_DISPLAY=../../display/wayland-0  Xwayland & # make sure to run it when device is in portrait mode
sudo apt install matchbox
matchbox-session &
matchbox-keyboard &
chromium-browser

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post: