View Single Post
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@juiceme Congrats for finding 1603 problem.

Finally I managed to update to -02.
And it worked out of the box

I still have some remarks.

First one is just "cosmetic". Would you mind taking out partition 8 and 9 from configuration and init? Our standard compiled kernels only support up to 8 devices (7 partitions). We would need to have recompiled kernel to support more than 7 partitions (and that would count for ubi kernel as well as harmattan/nitdroid/nemo (possibly sailfish? ) kernels.

Second one is I would like to give my device(s) a unique IP address. Even for telnet usage. I know x.x.x.15 is kind of standard, but would like to have my own. So just adding a G_IP_ADDRESS would be fine. (after reading sources I think just adding IP_ADDRESS= to ubiboot.conf will work. Not yet tested) So maybe obsolete.

Third one is a bug (probably). Did you or anyone else was successful with version -02 and using mtd5?
I moved my old v-01 sources to mtd and worked flawlessly with mtd5 kernel. Then I copied ubiboot.conf and cpio to root of mtd5 and also to MyDocs/boot. But the files from mtd are never read and always MyDocs/boot config used. Of course flashe v-02 ubi kernel.
I think you not only need to detach mtd device, but also delete ubi device (-d 0); otherwise moslo will be mounted to ubi1:moslo. So either add ubidetach -d 0 or just exchange ubi0:moslo to ubi1:moslo.

I also moved my nemo from p7 to p6 and everythings works.
Nitdroid without any changes work.

I wanted to boot nit from p5:
I copied my full p2 to p5 (of course together with all kernels in boot), moved nit folder to p5, changed nitdroid partition number to 5 in config. And here comes my problem. Nitdroid does not want to start. It always shuts down with black screen: selection in ubi works, selecting nit kernel works (ubi log kexec load success), but then I have dim-lighted black screen for about a few (30?) seconds and device is off. Power button for 3 s jsust boots up again. I have nfc what is biting me here? Maybe watchdog, as it seems not to be started by default. Maybe we can discuss this on irc next days?
I already added some logging to preinit_nitdrod, and it seems execution gets stuck randomly during execution (sometimes during check_rootfs, sometimes a bit later at mounting p3, but never getting to droidboot???

--edit
Ah and maybe one more (to be confirmed tomorrow morning).
Charging an empty device with wall charger works in act-dead mode. But this morning it was still connected to charger and an alarm fired up: no light on display, no UI at all, no possibility to stop the alarm ...

--edit2
Confirming the total absence of UI, when device is on charger in act-dead and an alarm triggers.
An alarm triggered when off (not charging) works nice. Even so when the device is powered on.

Furthermore I experienced that the act#ead charging mode worked only 1 out of 3 times. I had device off, plugged charger, then it booted, shut down (steady LED) and rebooted to telnet console. I pulled charger, pushed power button for 8s and tried again. Same. Only af the third time I saw the charging symbol.
Logs do not tell any suspicious (to me ).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-06-20 at 07:35. Reason: typos