View Single Post
Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ncik View Post
I feel really stupid posting it. But I seem to have hit a roadblock. Where do I place the kernels? What do I mount what folders do I create? I do have the open kernel and I am able to perform all the steps correctly. but I don't know where to place the kernel. I am stumped having been trying this for over a week now. Can someone please help?
You don't have to mount any partition, because you'd better use (because it's updated) the ubiboot-02 method.
The kernel/kernels (I put in mind that everything else is in place), with correct names as writed in the README file, for the Harmattan and NITdroid must be placed into the /boot directory of the Harmattan root; the ubiboot-02.menus.cpio file and ubiboot.conf (this one edited with the correct names that you have given to kernels) file must be placed into /boot of the Harmattan eMMC.

Recapitulating with full path, starting from the root (/), for clarity:
  • The kernels (only for Harmattan and NITdroid because for Nemo it's different) must be placed into /boot directory.
  • The Ubiboot files (described above) must be placed into /home/user/MyDocs/boot directory

Last edited by death_jax; 2013-06-20 at 18:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to death_jax For This Useful Post: