View Single Post
You don't have to mount any partition, because you'd better use (because it's updated) the ubiboot-02 method.
The kernel/kernels (I put in mind that everything else is in place), with correct names as writed in the README file, for the Harmattan and NITdroid must be placed into the /boot directory of the Harmattan root; the ubiboot-02.menus.cpio file and ubiboot.conf (this one edited with the correct names that you have given to kernels) file must be placed into /boot of the Harmattan eMMC.

Recapitulating with full path, starting from the root (/), for clarity:

The kernels (only for Harmattan and NITdroid because for Nemo it's different) must be placed into /boot directory.
The Ubiboot files (described above) must be placed into /home/user/MyDocs/boot directory

[QUOTE=juiceme;1353573]
No need to feel stupid, I have found out that quite a few people have trouble figuring out that. The problem is that when you are running Harmattan you have a different view of the mounted filesystem than when you are running ubiboot. The README document evidently does not make that clear enough.
I hope you managed to do that with the good advice people gave you here...]

Thanks a lot for the advice. I was finally able to boot using ubiboot but for some reason it boots into Harmattan even when I pick Nitdroid. I am not sure what to do to resolve this issue. Also where to I find the modules to put in the "/lib/modules" directory. Where can I find instructions to install Nemo. Thanks for all the help.