View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by chill View Post
The scanner didn't have a prompt for safe removal. It only said not to remove while it was saving the file; I don't know if I waited 30 seconds after it was done saving.
Sounds like a warning to avoid that scanner model. Can you share which one it was?

I've done a windows PC disk check and am now stuck with a bunch of .chk files. I am sensing a reformat or a reflash in the near future.
How many? Windows' disk check creates those from FAT chains it cannot identify as belonging to any particular file. It's usually just one or two, rarely more than a single digit number. More than that usually indicates a serious corruption.

P.S. There is nothing to backup from MyDocs, everything is gone.
The command I posted above would backup the whole partition at a low level, byte by byte rather than file by file. Perhaps I should have that clearer. You may now be stuck with the CHK files, trying to figure out what each one is and renaming them accordingly.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
This happened to me more than once on the N900 (I was just as scared first time it happened) and regular fsck always fixed it.

I think I had done it using my Linux desktop I connected it to via USB, but trying fsck on the N900 as I type, it looks like it's available there as well (at least with KP 53).
Yes, the michaaa62's post I linked above uses fsck on the device.

IIRC there was some problem with the fsck's reliability on the N900 but I think it was fixed at some point. Though I do not remember when exactly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: