View Single Post
Pichlo thank you

But I managed to install libxmuu1 successfully. I installed it by typing dpkg -i libxmuu1_1.0.4-1_armel.deb. Package were downloaded here

In "faster application manager" for example i have now:
libxmu6 (2:1.0.4-1); libxmuu1 (2:1.0.4-1); libxml2 (2.6.32.dfsg-5maemo4+0m5); h-e-n (USB Hostmode GUI) (0.4-1); extkbd (1.0.3); xkb-data-extkbd (1.8-1-2m5); extmou (1.0.6); (no bluetroth-scripts which conflicts with extmou as it were wrote in this topic)
And of course:
Linux kernel for power user (1:2.6.28-10power52); Linux kernel for power user (settings and overclock) (0.17); kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power52); kernel-power-modules (1:2.6.28-10power52)
kernel (2.6.28-20103103+0m5); kernel-maemo (2.6.28-maemo19); kernel-modules (2.6.28-20103103+0m5); kernel-modules-maemo (2.6.28-maemo19)
in about window (setting menu) I have: 20.2010.36-2 version

External usb keyboard works fine thru usb otg.
I haven't tuned language preferences yet but I think keyboard support works fine. I now have "External Keyboard" icon in Nokia N900 settings menu, but I don't have any new external mouse icon in settings.
I don't have "MouseCursor" icon like someone in this video
In fact, it seems nothing happened after installing libxmuu1 and extmou. Reboots were made after each install.
No cursor appears when external usb mouse connected and enumerated. I tried with 2 different usb mouses. Laser led started working and that's all.

Please explain more in detail what have to be enabled, and what have to be updated.
As I understand, "Nokia System Software Updates" points to https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0
distr "./"
and "Nokia Applications" points to https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/
distr "./"
Sorry for this maybe stupid question, but isn't it unsafe to enable this two repositories?
As I know "repository.maemo.org" where given to community but "downloads.maemo" is still sub-domain of nokia.com, server under Nokia jurisdiction. Correct?
Is it still safe to download something from that two repositories?
Are they maintained by community now?

What most frightens me that if I get some system update when I enable these two repositories and I update my phone, is it possible that I have my phone "bricked'?
Yes, I flashed phone several times till now already and I can't do it on any of my computers, only on one of them.
I use phone very often. It's real inconvenient if phone stops working only because installing some app and having to update some libraries (especially kernel) because of that app.
My kernel, updates, etc. which I have installed on my phone I wrote in the start of this post.

Have someone idea what I have to do next for enabling mouse to work?
And what will be good idea to do so I don't get this conflicts, incompatibilities often in future?
Which kernel vanilla image, etc. to flash my phone?
I maybe mistaken, but not all flash images are the same versions because of language (phone localization).

Thank you

Last edited by Cyberik; 2014-08-05 at 23:35.