View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Hi,
I previously replied to your slumber problems in the Talefish thread, but have now moved it here:

Sadly, the jolla store restrictions since Sailjail prevent most advanced options in slumber from working, so I concentrated on openrepos in the past.

But I am now also in the process of releasing to chum where you can find the newest release. There's still a bug preventing translations to be included but the bugfix is already on it's way to be released (thanks again to eson for filing a bug report for that yesterday, I forgot to submit the bugfix release to "non testing" chum – oops.)

The version on openrepos is a bit older right now but should also work better than that from jolla store. I am going to update that as well when the changes for chum are really done.

Another quick option would be to manually install the current rpm from the automatic builds on github (I suggest openrepos or chum though to get further updates): https://github.com/jgibbon/slumber/releases

cheers,
velox
Good day, finally I got myself an XA2 testing device on Sailfish 4.5, figured out wtf is Chum and installed the Chum provided version of Slumber.
As far as basic functionality goes: It works!

In a test, it worked for a 30minute sleep countdown both on VLC (Android compatibility layer based, so I did not expect this)
as well as on Talefish (native Sailfish OS sister application)

Nice to see graphic countdown on the minimized application.

Sticking to basics, I already encountred an inconvenience: when the timer takes effect, instead of fading the sound nicely (expected behavior) it makes a distored radio sound, potentially stressing or waking up the person already in sleeping mode or sleeping.
EDIT: above "noise" is by design, it is the "dying cassette player" option and there are 3 sounds which can be chosen or can be turned off. Great to have options. Mixing custom sound fragment would be awesome!

PS
Where is now the standard place to comment about (mostly Sailfish) application's bugs or errors, feature requests etc?

Last edited by ste-phan; 2024-03-06 at 11:30.