View Single Post
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Grenoble, France
Hello,

I'm using Męp almost every day on my N900 and I didn't see any proposition of porting it to Sailfish, so I'm trying. First thanks a lot to the developer and contributors of this program, I love it.

So, I've separated the logic of map drawing of the GTK widgetry. I've switched from GdkPixbuf to Cairo for the tile handling. And I've made a QQuickItem that can display the cairo surface.

I've tried to keep as much as possible the source compatible to compile for Maemo or Sailfish, but it's currently a work in progress and I've broken several Maemo parts that I need to correct. At the moment, the following is working:
- see the map ;
- move the map with the mouse ;
- scale, coordinates, zoom osd and source osd are displayed and work;
- load and save position and other settings to gconf.
Things that are currently broken :
- the jpeg sources (Google, virtual earth) ;
- the wikipedia and geoname searching ;
- GPS handling ;
- tracks handling.

I'm working on the broken parts, but I wanted to publish what has been done if someone is interested to give a look.

What to do to test :
- have the Sailfish SDK (!);
- ssh to the SDK virtual machine ssh -p 2222 -i ~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/mersdk mersdk@localhost
- install missing packages (sudo zypper in glib2-devel cairo-devel libsoup-devel gconf-devl qt5-qmake)
- untar the sources and create a tmp directory
- in the tmp dir run qmake ../src/maep.pro
- issue make
- from the desktop copy maep-qt and main.qml to the emulator virtual machine and connect there
- sudo copy maep-qt to /usr/bin
- sudo mkdir /usr/share/applications/maep-qt
- sudo cp main.qml /usr/share/maep-qt
- sudo chmod -R a+rX /usr/share/maep-qt
- sudo vim /usr/share/applications/maep.desktop and copy this into:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Męp
Icon=icon-launcher-default
Exec=invoker --type=e /usr/bin/maep-qt
Comment=Map browser with GPS capabilities
- sudo chmod a+r /usr/share/applications/maep.desktop
- click on the icon !

If QT5 is properly installed on your desktop machine, it's possible to run it directly there. Compile it in a tmp dir and run it directly from there ./maep-qt -desktop.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gz maep-qt.tar.gz (294.4 KB, 165 views)

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post: