supl.vodafone.com also worked via wifi, ISP = telenet.be

so, in short:
supl.google.com + wifi or 2G: mode 1 location, center of country
supl.vodafone.com + wifi or 2G: mode 2 location, accuracy 188m
Yep, confirmed from my previous tests using test-location AFTER
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/nokia/location
AND a
reboot
and reconfiguring supl server in settings (sorry for delay, had to sort some other things out).

Funny is:
it works with WiFi and vodafone network 2G/3G, but NOT with O2-de GPRS/UMTS. So it is proven (google dead, vodafone works for some ...)

Originally Posted by petur View Post
Learned some things, though: clearing the location stored in system.nokia.location does not clear the caching, only a reboot helped.
Yep. ONLY after above procedure (both clearing and reboot) you will get reliable results (or using petur's py)!

Originally Posted by petur View Post
To test, I've hacked one of the old update scripts to only use ACWP and only print results, not try to update latitude or whatever... - script attached.
Did not know about these script(s). Mind telling us the source?

Nevertheless, now we have one supl server left delivering location cell tower based position.
Better than nothing, but it is not real assisted GPS. And we do not know the reason for nokia/google failing yet

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: