Active Topics

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I would advise against this - the reason for this is to prevent against data corruption.
i don't think so cause its like unplugging and replugging your phone

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
As long as you unmount on your PC first before switching the mode, you should be okay, I think.

Thats right, unmount on pc then press "charging only" to disconnect the usb...i hope

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ India
Please refer to this link Section 2&3 Switching Modes with Software & Manually

http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?title=USB_host_mode

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
Thats right, unmount on pc then press "charging only" to disconnect the usb...i hope
I'm really wanting a solid solution for this one too. I want to be able to listen to my music on my n900, while I am charging it. I mean... sure... I can load up the music while it's charging by using my computer, but really... I shouldn't need to offload the cycles.

I just want to get my POE, and have the option of locking the files on the n900 side, instead of the PC side.

Is it part of the POE requirement in some way that the file system be accessible by the USB host device that is sending the power?

Originally Posted by ArchonJubael View Post
I'm really wanting a solid solution for this one too. I want to be able to listen to my music on my n900, while I am charging it. I mean... sure... I can load up the music while it's charging by using my computer, but really... I shouldn't need to offload the cycles.

I just want to get my POE, and have the option of locking the files on the n900 side, instead of the PC side.

Is it part of the POE requirement in some way that the file system be accessible by the USB host device that is sending the power?
I must be a newb, because I just found this guy here:

Can I use the device while it’s charging?

Yes. Your files stored in 'MyDocs' (also known as the folder 'Nokia N900') will not be available in 'Mass Storage mode' or 'PC Suite mode' when connected to the computer. Clicking outside the prompt when connecting to a computer leaves it in 'Charging mode' and leaves your files accessible from the device.

which is what was said above. I'll give it a go.

Originally Posted by ArchonJubael View Post
I must be a newb, because I just found this guy here:

Can I use the device while it’s charging?

Yes. Your files stored in 'MyDocs' (also known as the folder 'Nokia N900') will not be available in 'Mass Storage mode' or 'PC Suite mode' when connected to the computer. Clicking outside the prompt when connecting to a computer leaves it in 'Charging mode' and leaves your files accessible from the device.

which is what was said above. I'll give it a go.
Yes you can do that, but what if you ARE using your computer to copy files to n900 and you're done and you wanna use your phone's MyDocs but still wanna charge it through your computer..i hope you got the idea