Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by raetzer View Post
Hey guy great work with that app!
But i have the problem that my ipod touch isn't able to connect to the internet. My netbook and Nokia n95 works fine but Safari (ipod touch browser) connects and connects and connects and nothings happening!
Also the other ipod applicaytions can't get a network connection!

would be great if you can help me
do you have any proxy-settings in your ipod? does the ipod work with another wlan-connection? (preferably try another adhoc-wlan, e.g. tethering through a laptop)

The Following User Says Thank You to hcm For This Useful Post:
with my "real" wifi router there aren't any problems and before i had this program i had joikuspot (which doesn't work anymore with ANY device) and that worked fine!

Theres n proxy or something in my ipod settings

thanks for the fast reply

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
hm sorry, I don't know much about the mac/ipod/iphone os, do you have access to some kind of terminal do the commands "ifconfig", "iwconfig" or "route -n" work and give some output?
Or do you have other means to check your IP, gateway, subnetmask, routing-table, etc? Any information could be interesting to locate the problem

the ipod shows me my ip, gateway and subnetmask when i click on the wifi connection...but know i have the problem "hotspot failed to start" wtf???
it worked fine the last 2 days and now this???^^
whats that

Originally Posted by raetzer View Post
the ipod shows me my ip, gateway and subnetmask when i click on the wifi connection...but know i have the problem "hotspot failed to start" wtf???
it worked fine the last 2 days and now this???^^
whats that
Try running "sudo /usr/sbin/mobilehotspot_backend start" manually in terminal and post the output.

btw, there is a new thread, which is better in the sense that I can edit the first post to reflect important changes....

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by damion View Post
If I'm limited to ad-hoc I'd put up with sshing in and onwards, and/or using an http proxy, job done, let's move on. I want to keep investigating getting infrastructure working. I read up about this and found our wifi driver supports all the right things, we're just a couple of kernel revisions behind the support which adds this. We're in the new world of standardised wifi drivers.
Hi Damion,

Where did you read about a later version of our wifi driver having infrastructure support? I've been searching for information on this but haven't been able to find anything. Our driver is wl1251, right?

Scott

joikuspot has the software for n900...

Originally Posted by swt2c View Post
Where did you read about a later version of our wifi driver having infrastructure support? I've been searching for information on this but haven't been able to find anything.
Infrastructure mode is probably impossible.

Please use the new thread.