Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
What about Fennec 17 included in CSSU Thumb repos? Also I'd like to know can I build those source codes for Maemo N900? http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...t-beta/source/ or it's mission impossible...

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
What about Fennec 17 included in CSSU Thumb repos? Also I'd like to know can I build those source codes for Maemo N900? http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...t-beta/source/ or it's mission impossible...
Should not be a problem, will do that. When I have some spare time.

EDIT:

The only way to know is to try. Though it seems it is possible http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=11

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-11-22 at 07:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Should not be a problem, will do that. When I have some spare time.

EDIT:

The only way to know is to try. Though it seems it is possible http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=11
Thank you
-------------------
Благодаря

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
faced this while uninstalling this:
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get --purge --auto-remove remove fennec
Reading package lists... Done
[...]
The following packages will be REMOVED:
fennec*
[...]
Errors were encountered while processing:
fennec
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Nokia-N900:~#
[...]
I had the same problem while uninstalling Fennec 17, and the problem is in the prerm scrpt which is buggy:

in that script, the package manager tries to kill all the instances of fennec using a loop with a sleep and a kill inside; the script is located in:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/fennec.prerm

in order to count the number of Fennec instances still running there is the following line repeated 2 times:

RUNNING=`ps | grep "fennec.*/fennec" | grep -v grep | wc -l`

which sometimes produces 1 or 2 as a result even if there is no fennec running (it should return 0 in that case, and return without errors to dpkg). This is due to the pipe which calls ps that shows lines like 'grep "fennec.*/fennec"' or even the script 'fennec.prerm' itself that are erroneously recognised as fennec instances by the subsequent grep calls in the pipe...

To avoid this problem You can do 2 things:

1. to call the uninstall process (with Ham or whatever method You prefer) while at least 1 instance of Fennec is running, or alternatively

2. to change the lines like the above (there are 2 of them) with the following one (You need sudo or rootaccess):

RUNNING=`ps | grep "fennec.*/fennec" | grep -v fennec.prerm | grep -v grep | wc -l`

pkz

Last edited by pkz; 2012-12-05 at 17:58. Reason: to provide a more complete information

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pkz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I tried to compile fennec7 with Pali's instructions.

These are my steps (inside scratchbox1):
Code:
#download source code from Mozilla
wget --no-check-certificate https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/7.0.1/source/fennec-7.0.1.source.tar.bz2

#Create directory fennec
# move and rename upstream tarball
mkdir fennec && mv fennec-7.0.1.source.tar.bz2 fennec/fennec-source.tar.bz2

#Create debian orig file from upstrem fennec tarball:
tar -czf fennec_7.0.1.orig.tar.gz fennec

#download diff.gz file (version 7.0.1-2) from extras-devel:
wget http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/source/f/fennec/fennec_7.0.1-2.diff.gz -O fennec/fennec.diff.gz

#Patch
cd fennec && gunzip -c fennec.diff.gz | patch -p1 && rm -f fennec.diff.gz

#Change version number (optional):
sed 's/7.0.1-2/7.0.1-3/' -i debian/changelog

#build:
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

And this is error:
Code:
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager'
make -C /home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/security/dbm MAKE="make -j1" -j1 CC=" gcc" SOURCE_MD_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager/../../dist SOURCE_MDHEADERS_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/dist/include/nspr DIST=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager/../../dist NSPR_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/dist/include/nspr NSPR_LIB_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/dist/lib MOZILLA_CLIENT=1 NO_MDUPDATE=1 NSS_ENABLE_ECC=1 NSINSTALL="/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/config/nsinstall" SQLITE_LIB_NAME=mozsqlite3 SQLITE_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager/../../dist/include BUILD_TREE=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir BUILD_OPT=1 OPT_CODE_SIZE=1 NS_USE_GCC=1 NS_USE_NATIVE= NSS_ENABLE_ZLIB= PROGRAMS=
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/security/dbm'
../coreconf/config.mk:71: ../coreconf/Linux3.2.mk: No such file or directory
Inside scratchbox 'uname -a' shows (underlying) Linux 3.2.0-24-generic.

Code:
../coreconf/config.mk:
68: ifeq (,$(filter-out $(TARGET_OSES),$(OS_TARGET)))
69: include $(CORE_DEPTH)/coreconf/$(OS_TARGET).mk
70: else
71: include $(CORE_DEPTH)/coreconf/$(OS_TARGET)$(OS_RELEASE).mk
72: endif
same problem just now, how to fix it?

Edit: Copy Linux2.6 and rename it to Linux3.2

Last edited by tanago; 2013-01-05 at 22:22.