Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Hi im not responsable about any damage to your system ( for me nothing happend )
first of all dont forget to use the attached script created by (Thomas Tanner )thanx to him
Copy and paste these commands exactly as they are to save some root space from 5-->20 MB
NOTE...: 1-If you faced a problem with the application manager after this commands just move the files back to where were they (for me nothing happend )
2-reboot after the commands to get the actuall freed space
3- type in terminal : and see how much availble befor and after
4- when using mkdir command if you got file exist tjen it is ok just complete
5-when using mv commnd if you got no such file or directory then you dont need that step and complete
df -h /
COMMANDS:
root
mkdir /home/var
mkdir /home/usr
mkdir -p /home/var/lib
mkdir -p /home/usr/python2.5
mkdir -p /home/var/cache
mkdir -p /home/usr/lib
mv /var/lib/apt /home/var/lib && ln -s /home/var/lib/apt /var/lib
mv /var/lib/dpkg /home/var/lib && ln -s /home/var/lib/dpkg /var/lib
mv /var/cache/apt /home/var/cache && ln -s /home/var/cache/apt /var/cache
mv /usr/lib/dpkg /home/usr/lib/ && ln -s /home/usr/lib/dpkg /usr/ib/
mv /usr/lib/apt /home/usr/lib/ && ln -s /home/usr/lib/apt /usr/lib/
mv /usr/lib/nokiamaps-navigation-provider /home/usr/lib/ && ln -s /home/usr/lib/nokiamaps-navigation-provider /usr/lib
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/bsddb/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/bsddb/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/compiler/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/compiler/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/config/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/config/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/curses/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/curses
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/encoding/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/encoding/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/hotshot/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/hotshot/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/logging/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/wsgiref/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/wsgiref/
mv /usr/lib/python2.5/xml/ /home/usr/lib/python2.5 && ln -s /home/usr/lib/python2.5/xml/
mkdir -p: means that creat the directories without errors
&&: means that what followes need to be done immediately after what behind && (just for saving time )
i wou.d love to make a shell script for that commands but sorry for NOW i dont know
"sorry for the fingers pain "
and dont forget to run this every several days
apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get autoremove
CHEERS!
SIFO.
Attached Files
File Type: zip moveroot.zip (693 Bytes, 134 views)
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-04-17 at 16:50.

@ Sifo, thanks for the brief....one question though... you have attached a file in .sh format...and no where in instructions on what to do with that file... wud b grateful if you can tell me what to do with the file,, my root is 77% full and i am in fear of what is coming.. Ive already started having difficulty putting the device on.. so waiting...........