Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
All lock codes should be cracked and given out free for a very good reason.
the device does not go on air until the lock code is keyed in and if everyone reports a stolen device along with the emei number it is then flagged which in turn truly bricks the device stopping any usage whatsoever as it will never turn on again.

So all this secrecy regarding how it is done is useless as it is free to get anytime on the net anyhow.

Why bother asking for proof of purchase, give them what they want !!!.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Citation please.

I've never heard of stolen devices being bricked because their IMEI was blacklisted, what happens is that the network just won't let you use a device whose IMEI has been blacklisted. And not all networks use blacklists to block stolen devices. I think the UK networks do, but I do know for a fact that Orange (in the UK) accept a device which has an IMEI that has been reset to all zeros even though they shouldn't.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Dont be a spoilsport just give them what they need
I'm just following "rules" .as for the reason why they did this, see the link I provided on my last post
not to mention that most of the member asking for phone unlock are they who just joined recently with only 1 or 2 posts. don't you think it's weird?

if you don't agree with that, why don't you "help" them by cracking yourself

Last edited by figaro; 2011-04-02 at 08:00.

Tags
foad abill