Notices

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens
And there are things lacking in Pan: no PDA newsreader should default to downloading the newsgroups list; it probably can do with memory trimming as well. It's current state is not bad as a starting point, but there's a lot of work to be done. And I can't try Pan, because I don't have 2006 ITOS installed yet (which I cannot do because I really need Abiword and Gnumeric).
And, again: I'm no programmer, so at the moment there's not much more I can do besides whine. I'd really like someone to tell me how I can help to get Pan 770-ready.
Actually it doesn't quite default to downloading the newsgroups list : it does *ask*.
The problem is that if you answer "no" there is no way (at least I didn't find any) to manually add or subscribe to a particular newsgroup by name :-)

If the configuration file was in standard "newsrc" format this wouldn't be a problem - it's a straightforward text file you can easily edit. But Pan's seem specific, somewhat binary, and an (admittedly quick) search of the Pan website didn't yield any info on that format.

I would say the n°1 task that would go more than halfway in making Pan a good 770 utility, is finding a way to easily make lists of subscribed newsgroups, the way we could with newsrc files. Once that huge useless list of newsgroups is eliminated, the software becomes quite usable, even zippy.

The other half would be mostly Hildon integration (full screen, taskbar icon etc.). I'm not sure the memory footprint is really such a problem apart from the full group list.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens
@ fpp:

Whoops! I forgot: the Zaurus port of TextMaker 2002 is still available (no beta, fully commercial), but SoftMaker never ported PlanMaker to the Zaurus platform (my bad).
Okay - I remember the flurry of excitement when the beta came out, I was following the ZUG forums at the time, but I don't recall any outcry when it actually went commercial, so I wasn't sure. And indeed it was all about TextMaker, I had never even heard of PlanMaker.

A morning alarm clock that can be set for different times for different days of the week.

That's all I want... please?

a bt keyboard plug-in that doesn't crash if i think of using the enter key, google applet, oh yeah works w/ google talk!! any ideas?

thankx

Wote for Gnumeric !!!

I used it in my work, so 2006 SE no go for me ;(