Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Maybe you could so something tricky with the network hotsync?

EReader now works great fullscreen in portrait mode. Plus the college dictionary also now works in conjunction with EReader. I personally like EReader's features, so I'm very happy with this new update.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
The "full screen" portrait mode is disappointing. It still displays 480h x 320w image but uses about 720 x 480 of the available 800 x 480 pixels. (720 is my estimate, based on the assumption they scaled both dimensions by 1.5). It's better than the first beta, but the loss of sharpness in the additional display mode is obvious.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
RE the expiration date, surely we have someone who's good with IDA?

So, this sounds like mighty good news for many of us.
Do we uninstall our old Garnet version first, then download this new one? Wow, it will be great to be able to read my EReader books on my n800

I installed over the Beta 1 GVM. There were a few error messages the first time I started the application, but no persisting problems. The end result is the same as if you had removed, no applications, data or settings survive.

But its worth it, right ?

Yes, I think it's a worthwhile improvement. The pixel density of the N8x0 screen is high enough that the 1.5x scaling used in the near full screen portrait mode is still comfortable to read.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I have a lot of crashes on my N800. Anyone else have this? Seems to be random, but a def crash happens when I test alarm

Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
I have a lot of crashes on my N800. Anyone else have this? Seems to be random, but a def crash happens when I test alarm
I get a bunch of crashes myself. Twice now, I've gone into the prefs menu, and turned the sound from medium to low and it has crashed.

Tags
garnet, palm