Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
I had a Palm TX before I got my N800, and got a lot of good out of it, but it wasn't ever quite what I wanted. I didn't carry it around or use it nearly as much as I do my N800. Certain things, like the terrible web browser (especially its lack of saved passwords and horrendously insecure password entry dialog) made it less convenient as an internet device than just booting up my laptop. The N800, on the other hand, has a great web browsing experience.

When my TX finally became totally unusable, I did at first consider an iPod touch, but decided that ultimately I would always be trying to get it to do more than it was meant to do, where the N800 would let me tinker with it.

Anyway,while the Palm is good for PIM and acceptable for media, it's got a relatively mediocre screen, which looks inferior to both the iPod and the N800 (I've compared all side by side) despite being, I think, higher resolution (but also bigger) than the iPod, an ANCIENT operating system, and is all around old technology (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).

For the casual user, I think the iPod's sharp screen, smooth interface, upcoming 3rd party apps (or current, if you're willing to jailbreak), and superior multimedia capabilities make the winner for someone who doesn't have the time/interest/desire to spend the time to make an N8x0 do what they want it to (like we all do).

Last edited by phutterman; 2008-06-26 at 15:01. Reason: typo

Tags
garnet, palm