Active Topics

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
After a recent reflash, I lost some of my numbers (the ones which were stored on the phone which didn't fit on the sim card) I found a thread on how to put my contacts back on the phone from a backup. I was told to replace /home/user/.osso-abook/db This seemed to work....until I restarted my phone tonight. Now I have no contacts at all. Took the battery and sim out, but to no avail. So tried replacing the database again via ssh, but it shows the "can't complete the operation" crossed out symbol, so it now won't let me replace either the folder or just the database. If I go to contacts, it doesn't give me the option to import contacts from sim either. Please help.

Well. I can't do without my contacts, so I had to get the most of them back as quick as I could, which I did with restore settings. It did work, but I would still like to know for future reference, how to restore a full phone saved database. Was I given incorrect instructions? Does anyone know what might have happened?

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-04-06 at 21:58.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I think that that backup is actually standard vcf format. SSH to your device again and copy that to your pc and rename it to *.vcf and than you can import that into some program like evolution or outlook or something. Or open it with notepad or similar.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Right. Cheers for the reply. I will have a look at the format.
EDIT: As far as I can see, they are all.db files, but saying that, I changed it to.vcf and ssh now lets me move the file, so that may be it. Cheers for pointing that out to me.

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-04-06 at 22:16.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I hope that you will successfully restore your contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
how about instead of restoring what is there...i seem to have some type of corruption that is making all applications that use my contacts crash.

when i opened up my contacts, it immediately crashes. i can open my email and it is fine until i tap the + icon to add a contact, then it crashes. the same for messaging.

i reset the settings (soft reset) still the issue.

then i flashed the device. it still kept that database. and still is crashing.

how can i replace it/delete it/repair it?

i still have access to terminal. any help would be appreciated! thank you.

Tags
bada rox