May be i'm geek but i need dot1q vlan support on my n800 with usb-to-ethernet adapter, is this real on maemo?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
No; you're a geek

i think all i need - vconfig and 8021q module, i've googled today, but found nothing interesting.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
at88,

I think you are probably going to have more difficulty getting a USB-based ethernet adaptor working than the 802.1q.

The most workable solution is probably to get a Linksys WRT54GL (L=linux) and use that to bridge into your 802.1q tagged network. Of course, this only works, if you are allowed to use you own AP. In corporate-land, this probably isn't an option.

best of luck,

Craig...

i need a portable device with ethernet + dot1q support. I work on an ISP, and all clients' networks are tagged with dot1q. i tcpdumed on my n800 and sniffed vlan packets - that means that packets reach kernel and all i need is to untag these packets. If somebody could help me to compile some modules and programs i could put it into repository - support also included , the problem is i don't know how to 'cross-compile' to my n800