Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Is anyone receiving any traffic updates from Wayfinder?

I'm in the UK, and my traffic updates have dried up completely. Everything else is working correctly, and the update process actually work, but nothing is present,

Digging though the files, a file called trafficdata_gbr.bin is present, and is updated, but when you look at the file contents, "no details" is displayed librally throughout the file.

I was wondering about that as well. I own a wayfinder license to Northern Europe and update it now and then to make sure everything is working. Since Wayfinder had an issue on its servers a month ago where updating was unavailable, I haven't had any traffic data on the U.K maps at all since. It updates, it just doesn't do anything. The speed camera data is still there, but I don't know if it's updating but not providing any new speed camera data. I think I'll fire off an e-mail to Wayfinder asking if they'll look into it. I'm over in the states, but will be in the U.K in July so it would be nice if they could fix that, assuming they even care anymore.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
response from wayfinder as follows, fairly prompt to be fair to them (better than a lot of other companies)....

Dear Sir
Thank you for contacting Wayfinder

Unfortunately there is a problem on our server that makes the traffic information and traffic camera updates unsuccessful. I will write down your email address, and be sure to contact you when this problem has been fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

With best regards
Jenni H.
Customer support
Wayfinder Systems AB
nokia.support@wayfinder.com

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting on a reply. Glad to know it's an issue they're looking into. I guess it's just the waiting game for when they'll actually have it fixed because it seems like it's been down a while.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Jenni
Dear Sir
Thank you for contacting Wayfinder

Unfortunately there is a problem on our server that makes the traffic information and traffic camera updates unsuccessful. I will write down your email address, and be sure to contact you when this problem has been fixed...
"write down"

That server must really be screwed if they're making poor Jenni break out the dang pencil and paper.

Yea, I know! I kinda sighed when I read that. Also gives an idea of how many people actually use, or at least contact Wayfinder about the damn thing.

Thing is, I must be a sucker for hard luck cases, cos I sort of like Wayfinder.