Active Topics

I have the N900 ordered in 3 spots, Amazon, Newegg, and in the wee hours of Monday morn I pre-ordered from BestBuy.com. I was called by Discover today asking if I would authorize the BestBuy charge to post to my card...which I of course said "YES!" :P I notice though on the BestBuy site I can't find it via search (never could actually) nor can I locate it by manually going to the unlocked Nokia phones under their mobile category, which is how I found it originally, after reading about it being available here.

It's still listed as backordered for me, but according to Discover they charged me. I'll keep any eye on my account to see when the charge actually posts (right now I just see a deficit from my card limit and currently available which is the correct amount for the N900).

Has this happened to anyone else that has ordered from BB? Hoping this wasn't a fluke, but we'll see.

Ahh well, I need to not get myself too excited lol. I spoke with Best Buy and they don't yet have the phone in stock nor a date of when it maybe available. They simply authorized my card today. Back to the waiting game, but hopefully not for much longer.

I checked today and didn't see any distribution hubs that have it in my territory, so we don't have it yet.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
The local Best Buy here doesn't even carry unlocked devices anymore :-\

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
You can get 5% back if you access BB via Discover Card's web site, and order for in store p/u. Every little bit helps when you live in Chicago, where the sales tax is an astounding 10.25%.
Ouch! AND State income taxes on top of that!!
For a contrast, I live in Arlington, in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (The center of the US telecommunications industry ). Our local sales tax is 8%, and everyone is mad that it's so high. It was recently increased to help pay for the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, right after the tax rate was lowered after the Rangers baseball field was paid off. Oh yeah, we don't have State income taxes, either.

Now you know why everyone in the MidWest and coasts are running to the South.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Jesus Christ, and I thought North Carolina's sales tax of 8-9% was high (it's gotten to the point now when I'm on a family vacation there I don't buy stuff there cause I know it'll be cheaper if I buy it back in MD unless it's a really good sale that won't last or doesn't exist back in MD).

MD went from 5% to 6% last year. Still getting use to it even though it's been in place for about a year now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Does MD have a State Income Tax? I won't live in a state that does. Worked in the Mississippi River Delta for a year doing seismic work, and the State Income Taxes raped me. Texas is paradise to me.

Yes, MD has income tax as well.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

That blows.