Active Topics

Well, FWIW, it's been 3 months since I bought mine, and I'm more happy with it than ever. For me, it's literally the best technology thing I've ever owned.

It's absolutely rock solid, unbelievably fast (1ghz OC), gets me through a full day, has great navigation software (Sygic), handles bluetooth perfectly, has a full equalizer, sshd & unison, tons of storage (32gb + 16gb microsd), an excellent task switcher, perfect wifi support, etc, etc, etc.

If you cloned me and put 1,000 of me to work building a MID, this is what would come out.

I only hope Nokia takes the potential to the fullest and doesn't abandon it like Sharp did the Zaurus. I truly believe this could the end-game; OVI store online with a few thousand developers could turn this device into the obvious choice for anyone. Why go Apple / Droid / Windows / Palm? This is, for all intents and purposes, a general-purpose handheld computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to nightfire For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
NOPE!!

my '900 is the best there is!!!

No regrets here. Im keepin my pocket-microcomputer-cellphone

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
So you're only looking for responses that express disappointment with the N900 and you think anyone who is satisfied is wrong.

Duly noted.
I was ripped off by Nokia several times ever since i sold my n95 8gb. n96 N97 n97mini n900 all suck really bad and everybody should know it. Was i being dumb or loyal customer?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Atlanta, ga
nope not at all. well worth it. jus gotta learn da command line n get freakin mms! wish i could do custom ringtones on different contacts and have a better more detailed call log

i have no regrets.

but dont take my word for it. im heavily nokia biased. but then the phone really does everything. i have even typed some notes on abiword and bring them on my exam. haha.

I am not sure. My phone doesn't work. Miss alot of calls. Media player is a peace of **** and I sold my ipod touch 32gb to get this and use as my media player. Those are the two main reasons I got the N900 (had the N97 at launch for those reasons but it was so hopeless I returned it within 3 days). However, despite the two main reasons I got the N900 being a huge disappointment there are many cool things about it. I love the unlimited customization. I also love the conversations app and Conboy has been a total amazement and I could never do without it.

Originally Posted by Safao View Post
I was ripped off by Nokia several times ever since i sold my n95 8gb. n96 N97 n97mini n900 all suck really bad and everybody should know it. Was i being dumb or loyal customer?
It's not that I don't believe you, but I have to ask.. if all of your purchases made you unhappy, why are you here?

This is a maemo forum. If you're more happy with a somewhat more controlled and polished phone, why not just buy an iPhone or android device?

To date, best device ever produced. My regret is that it took so long.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
@900 Mhz! Honestly noooooooooo!