I had dual-booted my computer with various distros of linux and windows for years to maintain compatibility with work. Eventually I took the plunge and completely deleted my windows partition. Ever since I have been exclusively linux.

Work uses exchange server 2007 for email. After much tinkering with evolution and thunderbird, I had pretty much accepted the fact that http was the only way to access my work email in linux.

Then last year I get an N900 that runs linux (sweeet) and it has support for exchange 2007 built right in? And (for me) it works great!

So now I have a linux-based MID that can do something my linux-based computer can't? (That is - give me a live pop-up alert when I get new email in my exchange 2007 account.)

This seems kinda silly. I know its not a question about my N900 (hence off-topic) but if my N900 can get my exchange email, isn't there some way I can get it in ubuntu?

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
This seems kinda silly. I know its not a question about my N900 (hence off-topic) but if my N900 can get my exchange email, isn't there some way I can get it in ubuntu?
MfE is closed sourced. Unfortunately.

But you can run modest + MfE inside scratchbox in your linux, I suppose.