Active Topics

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
Hi All,

Hit a little snag with my latest game.

Its ready to go but its crashing whenever trying to write data to any of the packaged files.

for example the deb file puts a binary file in /opt/gamename folder which contains the number of the highest level unlocked .

I can read the file no problem but when I try to write to it it crashes my game. I presume its an access problem because if I manually chmod the file to a+rw the game no longer crashes.

Code:
	cp game.bin $(DESTDIR)/opt/gamename
	chmod a+rw $(DESTDIR)/opt/gamename/game.bin
So I have tried adding the commands into the install section of my make file but it doesn't work. and if I check the permissions of the installed files they are still read only any ideas?

Cheers
Jamie

---
Solved,
If anyone else has this problem its because of the dh_fixperms function in the rules file, it reset all the permisions to a "sane" setting.

If you want to specifically set a permission use chmod and then exclude the file from dh_fixperm

Code:
dh_fixperms -Xitem -exclude file-you-chmodded

Last edited by jamiefuller; 2010-02-20 at 11:01. Reason: Solved problem

Usually this type of information is stored in user's home directory. For example in file called ~/.myapp. This file is not included in the package but it's generated by the application when needed.