Active Topics

In the "how to brick your N900 in 1 second" serie, I just deleted the /etc/ folder with ssh, don't ask me why, I just press the delete key instead of return, my N900 have not crash yet, but it must be unstable, I can navigate in the fs but not copy to pc,I want to save many things before reflash, hopefully I had done a save this morning(lucky me I didn't know that would arrive today), so nothing will be lose when I will reflash, right ?
So what is the best to do for now, I want to save some files that are not saved by the backup application, but how since scp is broken ?

Edit: totally fixed now, a good rootfs reflash is enough.

Last edited by Megaltariak; 2010-04-23 at 22:51.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
In the "how to brick your N900 in 1 second" serie, I just deleted the /etc/ folder with ssh, don't ask me why, I just press the delete key instead of return, my N900 have not crash yet, but it must be unstable, I can navigate in the fs but not copy to pc,I want to save many things before reflash, hopefully I had done a save this morning(lucky me I didn't know that would arrive today), so nothing will be lose when I will reflash, right ?
So what is the best to do for now, I want to save some files that are not saved by the backup application, but how since scp is broken ?
You could try tarring things up to the MyDocs folder, or microSD card.

If the files are where they should be (in /home/user) then reflashing only the rootfs should leave them intact.

"no applications" message in menu
ctrl+maj+x does nothing so I can't acces to terminal...
Desktop shortcuts don't work
But the N900 haven't crashed yet
So it's reflash time ?

Styled menus
I reflash now...
Attached Images

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Just flash the system back in. No big deal.

Dude

Glad you worked it out.