Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
I am in no way shape or form demanding anything. (I know developing/hacking is hard as f***)

Now with that out of the way i want to know if it’s possible for MicoB to have a Flash content (mostly video) help down loader like Real Player.

I think instead of flash player buffering and buffering… if one could just download and watch... it would make watching FLV. Content better (Mplayer is tha S***). Just my 2 cents

PS: I have a whole bunch of app and add-on ideas.. But no hard core developing skills... so if this go's good i will voice them more often.

Oyeah i have a bounty on this too… it’s not much but if app/add-on
Is developed i will donate to the first developer

Thanks

Any feedback will be appreciated... Flaming included

Last edited by humble; 2010-05-10 at 00:56.

for this kind of things, the forums are still alive

i dont know about any application to do this in maemo (except zoutube but its youtube only)

what i know is a workaround: do PLAY with your flash player (megavideo, vimeo, etc) and while is buffering, the flv is stored in ~/MyDocs/tmp/Flash12345 where 12345 is a random number.

so you can let start buffering and watch it with mplayer-cli, copy it to your MyDocs or wathever you want, its your flv now.

it gets deleted when you close the window, but copy or move it elsewere and its safe.

The Following User Says Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
for this kind of things, the forums are still alive

i dont know about any application to do this in maemo (except zoutube but its youtube only)
Me too.. I think thats an awesome walk around (will try)... but to have the option to just download.

Wouldn't it be faster/easyer.. Then letting it buffer.. Then navigating to ~/MyDocs/tmp/Flash 54321 to let it play?

one wouldn't have to worry about closing the window and losing all the data

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Alhambra, CA
i did this workaround and saved the flv file but my media player doesnt work
i tried to download the extra decoders and kplayer but it still wont work
anyone have the some issue or know how to solve this? i appreciate it =]

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
I too think that a video downloader is needed, as humble says, like the real player downloader or even something like mxtube for jb iphone. I am sure that a lot of people would find very useful. But I am affraid I would not know where to start, so would have to appeal to some kind person with the knowhow.